Friday, September 17, 2010

Male Privilege

According to Barry Deustch Male Privilege Checklist he states, "On average, I am not interrupted by women as often as women are interrupted by men." This is number 44 on his 45 checklist for male privilege. I believe this isnt 100% true. First, of all I've been interrupted by women's just as much as males has interrupted me during a conversation. Like when I talking about school, real life problems, or about a certain video game topic both males and female would cut me off. They would cut me in mid setence and talk about something completely different to the conversation. Women not being interrupted by males very often isnt quite true either. Simply, because women do talk with men, but they would socialze and chat me with they girlfriends than they own men about other things. so since women and men hardly often talk to each other as much they is very little chance that women are interrupted when they talking. unless, a big argument between the two sex are taking place.

2 comments:

  1. Your post makes a valid claim, that both men and women often interrupt each other when the other is speaking. Do you think this reiterates stereotypes such as 'women love to gossip' and/or 'men love to be the center of attention'? I'm a bit confused/unclear about what you mean when you say "Simply, because women do talk with men, but they would socialze and chat me with they girlfriends than they own men about other things. so since women and men hardly often talk to each other as much they is very little chance that women are interrupted when they talking. unless, a big argument between the two sex are taking place"??? Can you clarify?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well what I mean is that women socialize more with they girl friends then they guy friends. some women have tons of guy friends and tons of girl friend. Other's don't have as much. For those who have tons of friends. males and female intrupption is very likely. Meaning sex doesnt mean a thing if you have to choose which gender intrupprts you more while you are talking.

    ReplyDelete