Friday, December 10, 2010

Blog Post# 15

Wai Sing Lam
December 10th, 2010
Class Reflection

1) What was the one assignment that was fun to do and why?

One assignment I enjoyed is acting out how men are and feel at nightclub. I enjoy acting it out, because acting is in my blood. It's something I want to do when im done with college.


2) What was the one assignment that made you learn something about something? What was that "something" you learned?


One assignment that taught me something is my research paper # 2. This assignment taught me the value of friends and how loyalty is important. It taught me a real life lesson about how much I could use a wing-man. It makes me want to go out there and find a wing-man, because I've been having trouble with the ladies like most men do.



3) What was the one assignment that you did not care for? why?


The only assignment I didn't enjoy was the "Who Cheap?" by Adair Lara. I dislike this, because the reading was way too short. I wanted to learn more about the type of men girls look for. I wanted to learn more about men being consider cheap. I wanted to see a girl's point of view, where she doesn't look at a guy for his so call cheapness.


4) Do you think, overall, Blogger was a useful tool for this class? In what ways?


Blogger was a very useful tool in this class. It helped find my sources when I needed to quote something. It helped me begin my papers and it helped me use the MLA format to structure my in-text cituations. Bloggers help me work out an effective outline before even doing the paper. Bloggers is very useful, because it allowed me to comment and read what other people wrote. I enjoyed reading and commenting back on people paper or assignment. It was quite interesting.


5.) Describe one kind of assignment or task that we did NOT do that you either did on your own (say, customizing your blog, adding gadgets), OR an assignment you would have liked to have done, or a TYPE of assignment you would have liked to have done more of?


One assignment I wish we has a chance to do was men and their relationship with family. Like I wanted to know if men do certain thins to impress family or do things different for family. I wanted to know if men act differently in front of family than they do with friends. I wanted to know what kind of relationship men tend to have with family that they can't with friends. I wanted to know if men and their family holds them back to being the type of man they want to be. I wanted to see how things would work out with men and their family at the end. I wanted to see if something will change in men behavior or well being, because they have to believe or follow family tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone mentioned the "Worst Date" activity and the debate, but I agree, that the acting out of masculine rituals was also a great activity. It emphasized the masculine script which men are expected to interpret and act out on daily basis. This also relates to men's relations with family. As you point out, a reading on this topic would be a great addition to the course but we were running out of time and I had to cut few readings. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete