Friday, October 15, 2010

Annotated bibliography

Wai Sing Lam
October 15, 2010
Annotated bibliography

Preliminary Thesis: Men hope to be the more dominated gender by focusing on their physical appearance and by showing off their strong and confident personality, have led to the shorter life span of men that causes high death rate, men's demand to apply sexual appeal, men lack of superiority well being toward themselves, the potential health risks men face, the lack to make the right decision for men health, and the demand for body changes, has many men lack of concern for their own health, because it is seen as an unmanly like thing men should be worry about.


Banks, Ian. “Elam: Lost City Rediscovered.” Journal of Men's Health. Volume 6, Issue 2. (2009): 10- 13. Print.


In this article, Ian tells the negativity about men and they actions towards society. Ian continues mentioning how men actions and lack of health cause death to the male population. He continues to tell about how men death affects everyone around them and their surroundings. In the article, Ian argues that health towards men need to be look upon. Something has to be done to lower the death rates and improve health for men. There is sign's where he feels being known as a masculine man cause the death rate of men to increase.

This article in the Journal of Men's Health, from the March 2009 first issue is very important to my research paper. This source helps me discover why men focus less on their well being. This source is helpful in allowing me to find the type of masculinity men follow to be a man. This source will help backup my other points about the type of masculinity these articles are trying to portray about men.

This article will allow me to find a strong thesis and help me find what kind of masculinity this article is portraying towards men. This article will allow me to make a thesis that will provide me with several points to find out what masculinity is being messaged to men though me. In this article, I will develop the information I need to determine the type of masculinity being demonstrated in these articles by looking though the article itself. I would need to take some of the information from certain areas of different paragraph. I would need to take some info about health and compare it to being known as a man which is refer as being masculine. Like if health is something men found as being a male thing to be focus on.



Darko, Natalie. “Get up, Shut Up and Stop Being a Fanny”: Rugby Union men and their suppression of body anxiety.” Journal of Men's Health. Volume 6, Issue 4. (2009): 331-337. Print.


In this article, Natalie describes men’s as one that concern only about their size of their body and the way they need to be muscularly built to be a man. Natalie talks about the dissatisfaction of overweight or underweight people. She talks about how men work to satisfy their body. How body anxiety of men plays a huge role and what it means for men to take part in sport activity. Her article keeps on mentioning how people only desire and motivation to losing weight is to be muscular built. Most, men are focus on being tall figure and having muscles in order to take part in sport activities and show off they body to people.

This article is part of the story in, Journal in Men’s Health, in the December 2009 issue of the magazine. The subject in this article shows men and how they focus on they body. This source will help me discover what type of man men are when it comes to showing off body features. This source is useful in helping me bring up a good point when I start my first draft about men and they inspirational man plan. This source is very helpful in allowing me to bring up a good point about what motivation men have for change.

What comes to mind when reading this article is the fact men are being muscular built not for themselves, but for a purpose or goal of showing off. Masculinity is being found as being a man as much as possible. Men want muscles to be masculine enough so they could be seen as a real man. Some men are not satisfy with their weight and they want to be muscular built too, because they want to be seen as a man as well. This article will help me identify a strong potential thesis for indicating what kind of masculinity men look for if it’s all about having a great body or muscular built. In this article I plan on talking about how the body features help men become a man. I will be providing information from the reading and potential quotes from the article to help back up my point about being a man.



Holter, Oystein. “Men, Gender and Health 2009-the Norwegian View.” Journal of Men's Health. Volume 6, Issue 1. (2009): 101-104. Print.


In this article, Oystein describes men equality in life and with health benefit equality as well. Oystein continues talking about how health problems would now be fixed as equality for health plans were given to all men of different race. Then, Oystein argue that even with the benefits of equality for health care very few found it needed to seek any medical help. Only those who were not able bodied saw for professional health help and wanted less to be the muscular man. Many able bodies found it unneeded to have health care help even with the chance to obtain equal help.

This article from Journal of Men's Health, from the June 2009 issue two, shows a very good point in my research paper. This source will enable me to find the the type of masculinity that is being portray in this article. This article would allow me to find equality rights for men who wants to show masculinity as a couple thing and not a solo parent. This article is useful for me in finding the relationship bond between a father and they child. This will lead me into knowing the masculinity that is being shown in the article in my upcoming paper.

This article allows me to talk about how men taking responsibility of raising a children will be a masculinity thing to do. Using this source I will be able to come up with the main points and a strong thesis that will combine the information from each article that I'm using. The information seem helpful in this articles talks about equality in life and health. Also, how men want to be able to have the equal right as women have. I will provided details from the article that mentions about men family relation and they hope for health to prevent men parental leave from the child according to the article. I will provide info about how parenting is a key point to being seen as a man.



Campbell, Bruce. “The Success of Men's Educational Group Appointments.” Journal of Men's Health. Volume 6, Issue 3. (2009): 166-168. Print.


In this article, Bruce describes the negative part of how men are and what actions they take. He tell about how men are most likely the ones to abuse drugs and cause suicides to happen more. Bruce continues to mention about how health risk take affects and how men should focus more about they health to reduce lower death rates. His article continues to argue about how men should focus more about they health than ever before. The article continue to talk about how men are put in a program to better communicate themselves with their fellow men. The communication between all the men led them all into a strong connection about the importance of being healthy. This would eventually shows men how health doesn't affect the man masculinity identity.

This article from the Journal of Men's Health of the September 2009 issue, helps me see the type of masculinity men follow. Its issues a masculinity that men should follow to be truly seen as a man who wants to make something of his life. This article is useful in helping me create a stronger point of what kind of men masculinity men follow. This article will help me make a powerful point to back up what actions men take or thinks about. It helps me uncover why men take action the way they do.

This article will allow me to help built a stronger thesis for my paper. It will allow me to give another main point about the type of masculinity the article is portraying about the male gender. In the article, I will use information from certain paragraph and section of the article. Then, I will compare the information I used to what kind of masculinity that is being said. Like, what the article is telling me about how men are and act to be that kind certain type of masculinity.

4 comments:

  1. Super annotated bibliography, Supercat! The articles sound very interesting and seem to be focusing on the relationship between masculinity and men's well-being/health, right? But review your sources and include a preliminary thesis. Also your documentations need some minor corrections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks miss B. I review over my Bibliography as soon as possible. I will have a preliminary thesis before the first draft preparations. My thesis should be revealed somethings this week or weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have a preliminary thesis at the top of your annotated bibliography. This will help you tomorrow, when we attend the library orientation as you'll be searching for secondary sources to back up your thesis which is based on the primary sources.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i will get to it as soon as possible with a thesis.

    ReplyDelete